Hexagon Purus is a global leader in zero emission mobility solutions for light, medium and heavy-duty vehicles.
We are a growing global team of over 500 employees, with R&D and production operations in Canada, the USA and China. Hexagon Purus is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
Being in the heart of energy transformation, we lead with purpose, and our goal setting is aligned with our people and our shared mission to drive the transition to zero-emission mobility.
Join us on our innovative journey and work toward a clean energy future!
Hexagon Purus Systems USA Ltd., a new division of the Hexagon Composites company, is focused on designing and manufacturing systems, software, and zero emission e-Mobility vehicle integration for commercial Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV) and Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles (FCEV). Hexagon Composites is a global company operating in 40 countries with over 60,000 commercial vehicles in operation.
Hexagon Purus Systems USA Ltd., a business division focused on vehicle integration, battery pack, module, and sub-assembly manufacturing, is currently seeking a Supplier Development Engineer to work out of our new Dallas, TX, USA facility.
As a Supplier Development Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and leading the Hexagon Purus Supplier Development Program. You will help drive the improvement of vendor performance. As Hexagon Purus continue to grow, you will streamline our onboarding process of vendors and effectively collaborate to choose new partners that will be able to support our quality and on-time delivery requirements. You will lead or collaborate in innovation and continuous improvement initiatives and will keep our systems reliable. This job requires organizational skills, computer skills and the ability to negotiate and manage multiple concurrent tasks.
· Lead the design of the Supplier Development Program and drive functional excellence in the selection, evaluation, and surveillance of suppliers.
· Implement and oversee the Hexagon Purus Supplier Development Program. This includes supplier selection, supplier approval, supplier qualification, supplier monitoring, and supplier corrective actions.
· Conduct supplier business reviews and audits along with Category Buyers and key stakeholders to provide feedback on selected suppliers' quality, delivery, and commercial performance.
· Gather and Report on KPIs related to procurement and supplier quality as needed for weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly cadences.
· Develop and implement plans to improve the quality performance of strategic suppliers and ensure management awareness of risks, gain support for mitigation efforts and track progress.
· Help develop long-term department strategies and significantly influence the cross-company project development, delivery processes and standards.
· Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses.
· Prepare KPI reports and develop plans to meet and exceed expectations.
· Attend trade shows and exhibitions to stay up-to-date with industry trends.
· Other duties as needed by the organization.
Skills and Qualifications
· Work experience in a Supplier Development or similar role.
· Highly desirable experience in a Supplier Quality role.
· Desirable work experience as a Purchasing Agent or similar role.
· Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors)
· Hands-on experience with purchasing software
· Understanding of supply chain procedures
· Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses
· Negotiation skills
· BSc in Logistics, Business Administration or relevant field
In accordance with the Pay Transparency Act of British Columbia, we anticipate this position will pay a salary range of:
$60,000 - $90,000 CAD
The compensation posted is a guide and may not represent the final amount offered to a candidate. Compensation will be based on candidate skills, qualifications, and overall experience level.
Compensation at Hexagon Purus includes base salary, comprehensive benefits package, variable annual bonus, and 6% RRSP match.
If you feel that you don't fit into the compensation range above, please talk to us! We would still love to hear from you.