As a Senior Buyer, you will be strategically sourcing and procuring components for production and special projects; you will lead or collaborate in innovation and continuous improvement initiatives, and you will keep our systems reliable.
Hexagon Purus is a global leader in zero emission mobility solutions for light, medium and heavy-duty vehicles, buses, maritime, rail, aerospace, and backup power solutions, storage and distribution.
With a legacy of 60 years developing clean fuel systems, we are a growing global team of over 500 employees, with presence in Norway, Germany, Canada, USA and China. Hexagon Purus is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
Being in the heart of energy transformation, we lead with purpose, and our goal setting is aligned with our people and our shared mission to drive the transition to zero-emission mobility.
Join us on our innovative journey and work toward a clean energy future!
As a Senior Buyer, you will be strategically sourcing and procuring components for production and special projects; you will lead or collaborate in innovation and continuous improvement initiatives, and you will keep our systems reliable. You will coordinate with several teams across Hexagon Purus and will interact with our most important suppliers. You will work and partner with multiple teams to develop and execute category sourcing strategies, deliver savings, and improve productivity across the category. This job requires organizational skills, computer skills and the ability to negotiate and manage multiple concurrent tasks.
- Establish category sourcing strategies, lead cross-functional strategic sourcing teams, negotiate with suppliers and execute contracts to optimize Hexagon Purus’ competitive position.
- Drive appropriate relationships with category suppliers, with a principal objective of achieving the optimal solution and cost of ownership that meets the business’ goals supported by a culture of continuous improvement with performance benchmarks in use.
- Manage category suppliers to proactively identify, monitor and optimize opportunities.
- Drive category suppliers in Supplier Relationship Management activities to mitigate risk, improve performance and add value to Hexagon Purus.
- Act as a market intelligence provider regarding categories; anticipate strategic opportunities and keep key stakeholders informed.
- Negotiate and implement supplier agreements/contracts by working with cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers to reach agreement on contract terms and conditions.
- Help develop long-term department strategies and significantly influence the cross-company project development, delivery processes and standards.
- Identify, achieve and report on savings and value targets for category sourcing activities.
- Conducts local, national and international market research for alternative suppliers, products, services and procurement sources.
- Analyzes trends in category markets, changes in industry technology, regulatory changes and trends in Hexagon Purus’ spending.
- Compare and evaluate quotations and services from suppliers.
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery.
- Review quality of purchased products and follow up returns.
- Enter order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases.
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices.
- Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses.
- Monitor stock levels and place orders as needed.
- Prepare KPI reports and develop plans to meet and exceed expectations.
- Coordinate with warehouse staff to ensure proper storage.
- Attend trade shows and exhibitions to stay up-to-date with industry trends.
- Other duties as needed by the organization.
- There are no supervisor responsibilities at this time.
Skills and qualifications
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Proven work experience as a Sr. Purchasing Agent or similar role
- Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors)
- Hands-on experience with purchasing software
- Understanding of supply chain procedures
- Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses.
- BSc in Logistics, Business Administration or relevant field
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock or flammable mixtures.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee will frequently sit and may use hands to reach, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Specific smell ability is required; recognize the smell of various fuels. For safety purposes, employee must comply with the policy of no usage of cellphone on the production floor.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Hexagon Purus Systems is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and ensures that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, age, criminal conviction and political belief.
Hexagon Purus ASA
Terms and Conditions