Hexagon Purus is a global leader in zero emission mobility solutions for light, medium and heavy-duty vehicles.
We are a growing global team of over 600 employees, with R&D and production operations in Canada, the USA, Germany, Norway, and China. Hexagon Purus is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
Being in the heart of energy transformation, we lead with purpose, and our goal setting is aligned with our people and our shared mission to drive the transition to zero-emission mobility.
Join us on our innovative journey and work toward a clean energy future!
Hexagon Purus Systems is currently seeking an Automation/Robotics Technician to work out of our Kelowna, BC facility.
This position will support the design and development of automated systems and robotic work-cells to enable the manufacturing of Hexagon Purus’ battery module. This will mean designing automated processes and work-cell layouts to support required task times. The Automation or Robotics Technician will be part of a team dedicated to the battery module value stream. This role will also be responsible for programming PLC’s and validating the automated process prior to production.
- Design, program, and implement automated work-cells for various battery module assembly processes (robotic dispensing cells, material conveyance, end of line test systems)
- Develop assembly tools, jigs, fixtures, end of arm tooling, and material racks for automated work-cells
- Program PLC’s
- Design workstations, manufacturing operations, and implement within ERP software
- Develop wiring schematics and harness drawings as needed for electrical systems that support the automated processes
- Conduct PFMEAs to identify potential failures within the automated work-cells
- Work with manufacturing engineering manager, integrators, and component suppliers to ensure compatibility and timely installation of production and test equipment to support production line deployment
- Design and develop vehicle and sub-system functional test devices
Education and Experience
- Robotics, Automation, or Mechatronics Diploma with 4 years of relative work experience
- Mechatronics or automation programming experience required
- Hand and power tool experience required
- Knowledge of controls logic and electrical systems
- Prior experience with low and high voltage systems, their associated risks and best practices is an asset
- Automotive experience an asset
- Exceptional attention to detail, analytical skills and problem solving
- Prior experience with failure analysis and the 8D Process asset
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to handle multiple jobs and adapt to a rapidly changing work environment with fluctuating priorities. · 3D CAD experience, Creo preferred
- Visio and MS office Suite experience
In accordance with the Pay Transparency Act of British Columbia, we anticipate this position will pay a salary range of:
$60,000 - $90,000/yr CAD
The compensation posted is a guide and may not represent the final amount offered to a candidate. Compensation will be based on candidate skills, qualifications, and overall experience level.
Compensation at Hexagon Purus includes base salary, comprehensive benefits package, variable annual bonus, and 6% RRSP match.
If you feel that you don't fit into the compensation range above, please talk to us! We would still love to hear from you.