Job Summary: The candidate works within the Engineering Team to design, analyze, develop, qualify, and produce composite overwrapped pressure vessel (COPV) products primarily used in aerospace, energy, and commercial applications. The candidate demonstrates strong aptitudes in product design, processing, and manufacture. The candidate performs a variety of project related tasks including analysis, hands on fabrication, and testing. The candidate has passions for new energies, space, and aerospace.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mechanical design and analysis of filament wound composite products. Responsible for the overall form, fit, and function of each design.
- Engineering of composite materials for filament winding processes
- Utilize design, finite element analysis (FEA), and manufacturing software to determine the suitability of potential solutions.
- Responsible for ensuring all designs are compliant with pertinent rules and regulations.
- Preparation of design and analysis reports.
- Work in a cross-functional team to design, analyze, and develop filament-wound composite products.
- Provides suppliers technical direction as necessary to:
- Specify components and assist with procurement.
- Ensure projects meet cost and schedule targets.
- Utilize Design for Six Sigma principles (DfSS) to create robust solutions.
- Work with and provide technical direction to computer aided design (CAD) personnel for modeling and drafting of components and assemblies.
- Review drawing packages to ensure conformance with established company and industry specifications and standards.
- Specification and approval of engineering change orders (ECO).
- Assist with periodic review of configuration management system.
- Perform project management duties. Provide project status reports to management. Provide project status reports to customers. Control financial, schedule, and technical risks.
- Review designs for the overall form, fit, and function of each design.
Education, Certifications and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree from an ABET accredited university in an ABET accredited engineering or engineering technology program as a minimum.
- Preferably Materials or Mechanical Engineering.
- Experienced professional (2 years minimum) of related product design and analysis experience. An emphasis on composites is preferred.
- Master degree preferred from a recognized engineering program, and a Ph.D. degree will also be considered.
- Must be United States citizen, lawful permanent resident or otherwise eligible to work in the United States