Hexagon Purus is a global leader in zero emission mobility solutions for light, medium and heavy-duty vehicles.
We are a growing global team of over 500 employees, with R&D and production operations in Canada, the USA and China. Hexagon Purus is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
Being in the heart of energy transformation, we lead with purpose, and our goal setting is aligned with our people and our shared mission to drive the transition to zero-emission mobility.
Join us on our innovative journey and work toward a clean energy future!
Hexagon Purus is seeking an experienced Automotive Functional Safety Manager to lead the technical aspects of safety-critical heavy-duty vehicle systems throughout the product development lifecycle. The ideal candidate will possess expertise in functional safety standards, particularly ISO 26262, and have a strong background in both supplier and OEM environments.
- Lead hazard analysis and risk assessments for heavy-duty electric vehicle systems, encompassing electrical, electronic, and software components.
- Develop safety work items, including concepts, safety plans, and safety requirements, in accordance with industry standards and regulations, such as ISO 26262.
- Perform system-level safety analyses and effectively allocate Automotive Safety Integrity Levels (ASILs).
- Collaborate closely with design engineers and software developers to integrate safety requirements into the electric vehicle system architecture and design.
- Provide guidance and perform safety analyses to support the development of safety-critical software and hardware components.
- Define and oversee safety verification and validation activities, including the creation of test plans and procedures, ensuring full compliance with safety requirements.
- Conduct safety analyses, such as Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), to identify potential failure modes and their impact on the system.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders, including customers and suppliers, to facilitate timely resolution of safety-related issues and support necessary safety assessments.
- Act as a key point of contact for customer and supplier interactions related to functional safety, addressing inquiries, providing technical expertise, and ensuring alignment with safety standards.
- Participate in safety audits and assessments to validate the successful implementation of safety measures and adherence to safety standards.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in EV safety standards and regulations, providing recommendations for improvements to enhance safety practices and procedures.
- Thoroughly document and maintain safety-related documentation, including safety cases, safety plans, and safety reports.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field. A master's degree is preferred.
- 6-10 years of relevant experience in functional safety or a related field.
- In-depth understanding of functional safety concepts, standards, and regulations, including ISO 26262.
- Proficiency in ASIL decomposition.
- Proven experience conducting hazard and risk assessments for complex systems, preferably within the automotive or electric vehicle industry.
- Strong proficiency in safety analysis techniques, such as FMEA, FTA, and safety requirements decomposition.
- Familiarity with safety-critical software development processes and methodologies.
- Knowledge of relevant automotive communication protocols and network architectures (e.g., CAN, LIN).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and coordinate safety activities throughout the development lifecycle.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to critically assess complex technical scenarios.
- Strong communication skills to collaborate effectively with stakeholders at various levels and convey safety-related information clearly.
- Certification in functional safety (e.g., CFSE, TUV, etc.) is a plus, with a focus on heavy electric vehicle applications.
In accordance with the Pay Transparency Act of British Columbia, we anticipate this position will pay a salary range of:
$90,000 - $135,000/yr CAD
The compensation posted is a guide and may not represent the final amount offered to a candidate. Compensation will be based on candidate skills, qualifications, and overall experience level.
Compensation at Hexagon Purus includes base salary, comprehensive benefits package, variable annual bonus, and 6% RRSP match.
If you feel that you don't fit into the compensation range above, please talk to us! We would still love to hear from you.