Hexagon Purus is a global leader in zero emission mobility solutions for light, medium and heavy-duty vehicles, buses, maritime, rail, aerospace, and backup power solutions, storage and distribution.
With a legacy of 60 years developing clean fuel systems, we are a growing global team of over 500 employees, with presence in Norway, Germany, Canada, USA and China. Hexagon Purus is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
Being in the heart of energy transformation, we lead with purpose, and our goal setting is aligned with our people and our shared mission to drive the transition to zero-emission mobility.
Join us on our innovative journey and work toward a clean energy future!
Hexagon Purus Systems Canada Ltd. is currently seeking a Test Technician to work out of our Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada production facility. If you are looking to work for an organization that values sustainability and is working towards Clean Air Everywhere, then we are the place for you.
Reporting to the Laboratory Test & Validation manager, you will provide hands-on support with test setups and instrument sensors to test for performance & abuse for Zero-emission components and vehicles.
· Work in collaboration with test engineers to evaluate systems according to different functional aspects: performance, abuse, thermal, electrical integrity, and software functioning on either battery, module or on-vehicle testing
· Setup/build test fixtures, setting up sensors, and equipment from engineering drawings or other technical instructions would be an asset
· Be able to work on test equipment or trucks for long periods
· Maintain test lab with proper storage of equipment, calibration, parts, chemicals and cleanliness
· Conduct and monitor various test setups and rigs
· Work independently and within a team environment
· Ability to obtain a required license and be comfortable driving electric test trucks.
· Other duties as assigned
· Diploma or Degree in a technical discipline is desired.
· Fabrication skills such as welding, wiring and use of shop equipment is required
· Experience working with high voltage would be an asset
· Ability to communicate well on the root cause of issues
· Basic computer skills, specifically with Word and Excel
· Attention to detail is required.
· Effective written and oral communication skills relative to quality and technical issues are required.
· Ability to work independently with minimal oversight is required
· Ability to use various hand-held measuring devices is required.
· Valid passport with ability to travel to USA.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
This position will work in the plant and outdoors in the field, therefore subject to all weather conditions sometimes to include extreme cold and heat. The work described while working in the plant or field will require wearing all PPE depending on circumstance which may include safety glasses, hard hat, ear protection, leather gloves, safety vest and steel toed boots.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Hexagon Purus Systems is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and ensures that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, age, criminal conviction and political belief.