Hexagon Purus is a global leader in zero emission mobility solutions for light, medium and heavy-duty vehicles.
With a legacy of 60 years developing clean fuel systems, we are a growing global team of over 500 employees, with presence in the United States, Europe, Canada, and China. Hexagon Purus is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
Being in the heart of energy transformation, we lead with purpose, and our goal setting is aligned with our people and our shared mission to drive the transition to zero-emission mobility.
Join us on our innovative journey and work toward a clean energy future!
As a member of the Field Service Engineering team, you will provide remote and on-site diagnostic and repair assistance to internal and external service team members, analyze field failures to highlight high-impact issues to extended cross-functional teams to root cause, and deploy solutions to the field via internal and external service partners.
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints
- Conduct root cause analysis and participate on cross-functional corrective action teams to resolve complicated issues
- Facilitate accurate and timely communications between the customer, engineering, production, and quality departments
- Develop troubleshooting and service/repair documentation, including product repair and maintenance manuals, training material, operator manuals, parts manuals, or other related documentation
- Provide technical support over the phone, in the field or via other means
- Establish and maintain customer relationships to ensure customer feedback is received from the field
- Track field issues and report to management regarding progress and effectiveness of corrective actions
- Monitor and plan inventory as required to support level of service
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, electrical engineering, or relevant technical field. Significant and demonstrated experience as a master level technician can be substituted for degree
- Minimum two (2) years of relative work experience in automotive or heavy-duty vehicle industries, four (4) or more years of experience is desired
Skills and Qualifications
- Must have experience in automotive or heavy-duty vehicle on on-board diagnostics, electronic control systems, vehicle electrical and wiring, SAE CAN J1939 networks, and industry standard diagnostic tools
- Proficient with reading electrical schematics, engineering drawings, service or other technical procedures and be skilled at applying them
- Working knowledge of automotive or heavy-duty vehicle systems and sub-systems, including air brake, electrical, HVAC and operator interface is highly desirable
- Prior experience with high voltage (>400V) energy storage and electrified powertrain systems, with a working knowledge of their operation, associated risks and best servicing practices, is highly desirable
- Exceptional attention to detail, analytical skills and problem solving
- Experience with root cause analysis processes and tools
- Project management skills desired
- Ability to handle multiple jobs and adapt to a rapidly changing work environment with fluctuating priorities
- 3D CAD experience
- Visio and MS office suite experience
- Strong desire to provide superior customer service is a must
- Must be able to drive heavy-duty vehicles, valid CDL desirable
- Work will be conducted in an automotive shop environment, in the field at repair facilities or in an office environment
- Some travel to domestic and internal locations will be required
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock or flammable mixtures
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Starting Salary: $75,000-$85,000
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Hexagon Purus is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and ensures that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.