The Senior Systems Engineer will play an important role in the design, development, integration, and verification of multidisciplinary subsystems for use in medium and heavy-duty commercial electric vehicles. The ideal candidate possesses a multi-disciplinary working knowledge, with a background in mechanical, electrical, thermal, and software control design.
Senior Systems Engineer
Hexagon Purus, a Hexagon Composites company, is a world leading provider of hydrogen type 4 high-pressure cylinders, battery packs and vehicle systems integration for fuel cell electric and battery electric vehicles. Hexagon Purus enables zero emission solutions for light, medium and heavy-duty vehicles, buses, ground storage, distribution, maritime, rail, aerospace, and backup power solutions. Hexagon Composites has 1100 employees across 23 global locations.
Hexagon Purus Systems Canada Ltd. is currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to work out of our Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada office. If you are looking to work for an organization that values sustainability and is working towards Clean Air Everywhere, then we are the place for you.
Reporting to the Vehicle Systems Engineering Lead, the Senior Systems Engineer will play an important role in the design, development, integration, and verification of multidisciplinary subsystems for use in medium and heavy-duty commercial electric vehicles. The ideal candidate possesses a multi-disciplinary working knowledge, with a background in mechanical, electrical, thermal, and software control design.
- Act as functional lead for the development of system requirements and system architectures for electric vehicle systems, including battery interfacing, vehicle thermal systems, hydraulic and pneumatics, various control systems, and integration with the overall vehicle chassis
- Responsible for managing the full V-cycle of system development, including the design and integration process, requirements definition, system architecture, trade studies, risk management, V&V plans, and requirement closing
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including electrical, mechanical, and software engineers to ensure successful integration of systems
- Develop and execute test plans to verify system performance and compliance with regulatory requirements
- Ensure compliance with safety and quality standards, including ISO 26262.
- Lead technical reviews and provide guidance to junior engineers
- Communicate technical issues and solutions to stakeholders, including management, customers, and suppliers
- Develop and maintain relationships with key partners and suppliers
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends, and apply knowledge to enhance system design and performance.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Qualifications, Experience, Education
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- At least 10 years of experience in systems engineering, preferably in the automotive or electric vehicle industry
- Strong experience with requirements management tools such as Codebeamer
- Experience with system modeling tools such as SysML or MATLAB/Simulink/System Composer or IBM Rhapsody
- Understanding of system-level communication protocols, such as CAN and LIN
- Familiarity with system integration and test methods
- Knowledge of safety and quality standards, including ISO 26262 and IATF 16949
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Project management experience is a plus
- Microsoft Office software skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Ability to handle multiple jobs and adapt to a rapidly changing work environment with fluctuating priorities
- Valid passport with ability to travel to USA immediately.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is moderately required to sit for long periods of time at a computer and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time. This position may work in the plant and outdoors in the field, therefore subject to all weather conditions sometimes to include extreme cold and heat. The work described while working in the plant or field will require wearing all PPE depending on circumstance which may include safety glasses, hard hat, ear protection, leather gloves, safety vest and steel toed boots.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Hexagon Purus Systems is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and ensures that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, age, criminal conviction and political belief.
Hexagon Purus ASA
Terms and Conditions