The Senior Electrical Engineer will play an important role in the design and development of battery packs and heavy-duty electric vehicles.
Hexagon Purus is a global leader in zero emission mobility solutions for light, medium and heavy-duty vehicles, buses, maritime, rail, aerospace, and backup power solutions, storage and distribution.
With a legacy of 60 years developing clean fuel systems, we are a growing global team of over 500 employees, with presence in Norway, Germany, Canada, United States and China. Hexagon Purus is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
Being in the heart of energy transformation, we lead with purpose, and our goal setting is aligned with our people and our shared mission to drive the transition to zero-emission mobility.
Join us on our innovative journey and work toward a clean energy future!
Hexagon Purus is looking for an experienced professional to join us as our new Senior Electrical Engineer.
Reporting to the Vehicle Systems Engineering Lead, the Senior Electrical Engineer will play an important role in the design and development of battery packs and heavy-duty electric vehicles.
- Oversee development of HV and LV electrical architectures for full commercial vehicles
- Build and track requirements for electrical system
- Contribute to HARA and DFMEA development
- Apply knowledge of materials & electrical systems to evaluate and select components for production, including fuses, contactors, connectors, inverters, etc.
- Collaborate with the software engineering team to generate input/output tables and system architecture/functions list based on the selected component requirements
- Collaborate with hardware engineering teams and suppliers to ensure functionality of components within the system
- Complete DVP and support testing for new electrical sub-systems
- Fabricate functional prototypes for engineering testing and validation
- Working with assembly/test technicians to move electrical designs through the Development Phase into Validation and Production Phases
- Assure product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities
- Organizes and sometimes leads project update presentations and design reviews
- Identifies process/product efficiencies and process improvements that will reduce overall costs and participates in cost reduction exercises as part of a team
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Qualifications, Experience, Education
- 15+ years of experience in the design and development of low voltage and high voltage systems for commercial electric vehicles.
- Proficient in electrical systems design and analysis, including power electronics and energy storage systems.
- In-depth knowledge of vehicle-level electrical architectures, including low voltage (12V) and high voltage (400V-800V) systems, and their integration with other vehicle systems such as the propulsion system and the chassis.
- Familiarity with industry standards and regulations for electrical systems in vehicles, such as SAE, UL, and ISO.
- Experience in the design and development of high voltage electrical distribution systems, including cables, connectors, and fuses.
- Expertise in electric vehicle systems engineering including communication protocols (CAN/LIN), LV/HV systems, Analog & Digital signal processing, DC/AC circuit analysis.
- Experience in designing and validating electrical systems through simulation and testing.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams, including electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, software engineers, and project managers, to meet project objectives.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Experience in mentoring and guiding junior and mid-level engineers is a plus.
- Must have above average MS Office skills
- Valid passport with ability to travel to USA
In accordance with the Pay Transparency Act of British Columbia, we anticipate this position will pay a salary range of:
$90,000 - $125,000 CAD
The compensation posted is a guide and may not represent the final amount offered to a candidate. Compensation will be based on candidate skills, qualifications, and overall experience level.
Compensation at Hexagon Purus includes base salary, comprehensive benefits package, variable annual bonus, and 6% RRSP match.
If you feel that you don't fit into the compensation range above, please talk to us! We would still love to hear from you.