Hexagon Purus Systems Canada Ltd. is currently seeking a Robotics Technician to work out of our Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada office. If you are looking to work for an organization that values sustainability and is working towards Clean Air Everywhere, then we are the place for you.
Hexagon Purus Systems is currently seeking an Automation/Robotics Technician to work out of our Kelowna, BC facility.
This position will support the design and development of automated systems and robotic work-cells to enable the manufacturing of Hexagon Purus’ battery module. This will mean designing automated processes and work-cell layouts to support required task times. The Automation or Robotics Technician will be part of a team dedicated to the battery module value stream. This role will also be responsible for programming PLC’s and validating the automated process prior to production.
· Design, program, and implement automated work-cells for various battery module assembly processes (robotic dispensing cells, material conveyance, end of line test systems)
· Develop assembly tools, jigs, fixtures, end of arm tooling, and material racks for automated work-cells
· Program PLC’s
· Design workstations, manufacturing operations, and implement within ERP software
· Develop wiring schematics and harness drawings as needed for electrical systems that support the automated processes
· Conduct PFMEAs to identify potential failures within the automated work-cells
· Work with manufacturing engineering manager, integrators, and component suppliers to ensure compatibility and timely installation of production and test equipment to support production line deployment
· Design and develop vehicle and sub-system functional test devices
Education and Experience
· Robotics, Automation, or Mechatronics Diploma with 4 years of relative work experience
· Mechatronics or automation programming experience required
· Hand and power tool experience required
· Knowledge of controls logic and electrical systems
· Prior experience with low and high voltage systems, their associated risks and best practices is an asset
· Automotive experience an asset
· Exceptional attention to detail, analytical skills and problem solving
· Prior experience with failure analysis and the 8D Process asset
· Strong project management skills
· Ability to handle multiple jobs and adapt to a rapidly changing work environment with fluctuating priorities. · 3D CAD experience, Creo preferred
· Visio and MS office Suite experience
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock or flammable mixtures.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to reach, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Specific smell ability is required; recognize the smell of various fuels and adhesives.
This individual must be willing to wear a full-face respirator when working with battery adhesives and potting materials.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Hexagon Purus Systems USA Ltd. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and ensures that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.