Hexagon Purus is a global leader in zero emission mobility solutions for light, medium and heavy-duty vehicles, buses, maritime, rail, aerospace, and backup power solutions, storage and distribution.
With a legacy of 60 years developing clean fuel systems, we are a growing global team of over 500 employees, with presence in Norway, Germany, Canada, USA and China. Hexagon Purus is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
Being in the heart of energy transformation, we lead with purpose, and our goal setting is aligned with our people and our shared mission to drive the transition to zero-emission mobility.
Join us on our innovative journey and work toward a clean energy future!
We are looking for a talented quality technician who will play a key role in helping our team produce a world-class product. Our quality team inspects and verifies product, and monitors the manufacturing process according to established standards. Quality Technicians work very closely with the other team members in the Quality group as well as Operations groups to ensure quality product is shipped to customers on time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct inspections and evaluations to identify nonconforming material and equipment.
- Support the nonconforming material system to implement containment and dispositions.
- Check whether established control plans are adequate and effective in all phases of production.
- Assist manufacturing operations to quickly identify, contain and permanently resolve quality issues.
- Perform internal Quality Management System and process audits.
- Maintain gage checking and calibration systems.
- Participate or assist in targeted studies of process capability, and gage repeatability/ reproducibility.
- Assist in the improvement of product and service quality by conducting root cause analysis, planning corrective and preventive actions, and verifying the results.
- Represent the Quality Team as a point of contact for daily production support.
- Associate’s degree in a technical discipline is desired.
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Quality Technician (CQT) certification is preferred.
- Other ASQ certifications are desired, such as Quality Inspector, Quality Auditor, Quality Process Analyst, Six Sigma Green Belt, or Quality Improvement Association
- More than 3 years of experience in a Quality Control or Quality Assurance role required.
- Experience working in a manufacturing or industrial work setting is required.
- Experience with ISO 9001 requirements is preferred.
- Ability to interpret mechanical drawings and specifications is preferred.
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) experience is desired.
- Experience with precision measurement devices and equipment is preferred.
- Experience with lean manufacturing tools (5S, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping) preferred.
- Training as an ISO 9001 auditor is preferred.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with SPC, gage R&R, and basic quality tools (check sheets, flow charts, control charts, histograms, and scatter diagrams) is preferred.
- Ability to achieve planned results by utilizing organization, prioritization and communication skills within a team environment is required. This includes recognizing internal customer expectations and deciding priorities accordingly.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Ability to understand complex situations, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions is required.
- Effective written and oral communication skills relative to quality and technical issues is required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 10 lbs. on a limited basis, and up to 40 lbs. occasionally is required.
- Have the flexibility to adjust work hours and schedule to support internal and external customer needs.
In accordance with the Pay Transparency Act of British Columbia, we anticipate this position will pay a salary range of:
$55,000 - 85,000/yr CAD
The compensation posted is a guide and may not represent the final amount offered to a candidate. Compensation will be based on candidate skills, qualifications, and overall experience level.
Compensation at Hexagon Purus includes base salary, comprehensive benefits package, variable annual bonus, and 6% RRSP match.
If you feel that you don't fit into the compensation range above, please talk to us! We would still love to hear from you.