Hexagon Purus is a global leader in zero emission mobility solutions for light, medium and heavy-duty vehicles.
We are a growing global team of over 500 employees, with R&D and production operations in Canada, the USA and China. Hexagon Purus is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
Being in the heart of energy transformation, we lead with purpose, and our goal setting is aligned with our people and our shared mission to drive the transition to zero-emission mobility.
Join us on our innovative journey and work toward a clean energy future!
Hexagon Purus Systems USA Ltd., a new division of the Hexagon Composites company, is focused on designing and manufacturing systems, software, and zero emission e-Mobility vehicle integration for commercial Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV) and Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles (FCEV). Hexagon Composites is a global company operating in 40 countries with over 60,000 commercial vehicles in operation.
Hexagon Purus Systems USA Ltd., a business division focused on vehicle integration, battery pack, module, and sub-assembly manufacturing, is currently seeking a Quality Manager to work out of our new Dallas, TX, USA facility.
The Quality Assurance Manager develops and maintains the local Quality Management System, implements design/process improvements to meet internal goals and external customer needs, and manages the local Quality department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent the Quality Team as a single point-of-contact for the assigned product line.
- Ensure that Quality Engineer and Quality Technician or Quality Inspector activities provide timely and effective production coverage and support.
- Communicate our internal customers' expectations throughout the Quality Team.
- Assess levels of supplier and manufacturing performance and determine needs for improvement.
- Communicate needs for improvement to the Operations, Engineering, Procurement and Quality groups.
- Supervise assigned Quality Engineers, Quality Technicians and/or Quality Inspectors.
- Be the champion of quality for the business unit.
- Create additional value throughout the value stream with innovative ideas on quality.
- Develop and monitor departmental budgets, policies and procedures.
- Manage continuous improvement activities to improve outgoing, in-process and incoming product quality.
- Ensure that customer/regulatory requirements are fulfilled through effective and proactive quality planning processes (FMEA, control plan, process capability and gage R&R) during new product development and production launch as applicable.
- Ensure that production risk areas are identified and supported with effective countermeasures.
- Perform internal Management System, production process audits.
- Coordinate containment and improvement actions to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the implementation of preventive and corrective action is effective and sustained.
- Represent the interests of the Customer on the Material Review Board by reviewing nonconforming parts and proposed dispositions as required.
- Review engineering specifications, drawings, and work instructions, for fulfillment of customer requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field or 10 years of applicable Quality experience is required.
- ASQ Quality Manager (CMQ/OE) and Quality Engineer certification (CQE) preferred.
- Other certifications, such as Lean, lead auditor (ISO 9001, TS 16949, 14001, etc.), Six Sigma Black/Green Belt, are desired.
- Manufacturing or industrial environment work experience is required.
- Experience with Material Review Board (MRB) processes is preferred.
- Lean methodology/tools such as mistake-proofing (poke-yoke), value stream mapping (VSM), and Kaizen is preferred.
- Experience with Process-based Management System (ISO 9001, 14001, etc.) is required.
- Development and maintenance of production Control Plans is required.
- Knowledge of basic gauge calibration practices is preferred.
- Selection and analysis of statistical methods (SPC, ANOVA, hypothesis testing, etc.) is desired.
- Application of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) methods is preferred.
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) is preferred.
- Analysis of Gage Repeatability& Reproducibility (Gage R&R) studies is preferred.
- Six Sigma or TQM methods/tools is preferred.
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a fast-paced and demanding environment with a strong sense of urgency is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively using the English language, both written and verbal, is required.
- Ability to interface with customers and suppliers individually and within a team to resolve issues and strengthen relationships is required.
- Ability to manage a budget.
- Ability to use basic measurement instruments such as a micrometer, caliper, etc. is required.
- Ability to interpret and understand engineering drawings and flow charts is required.
- Advanced level knowledge of MS Excel (pivot table/chart, advanced formulas, VBA) is preferred.
- Basic level knowledge of MS Visio and Access is preferred.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Minitab, or similar statistical analysis software is preferred.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for up to 8 hours or more per day is required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 10 lbs. on a limited basis, up to 40 lbs. occasionally is required.
- Travel up to 10% of the time within the US and internationally.
- Professional organization involvement is desired, such as American Society for Quality (ASQ), Association for Manufacturing Excellence (AME), Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME), Association for Operations Management (APICS), Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE), or similar.