Job Summary: The candidate works within the Engineering Team and will oversee the research, development, and design of engineering projects for Hexagon Purus LDC NA. The candidate demonstrates strong aptitudes in product design, processing, and manufacturing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in a cross-functional team to design, analyze, and develop filament wound pressure vessels.
- Investigate new material and processing technologies for filament wound pressure vessels.
- Work with engineering, operations, and quality teams on functional testing and problem resolution.
- Utilize design and failure analysis methods to solve complex engineering problems.
- Make informed decisions in alignment and strategic planning.
- Preparation of design and analysis reports.
- Utilize Design for Six Sigma principles (DFSS) to create robust solutions.
- Review drawing packages to ensure conformance with established company and industry specifications and standards.
- Specification and approval of engineering change orders (ECO).
- Perform project management duties which include status reports to the leadership team and customers.
- Risk management with a focus on technical, schedule, and cost control.
Lead the polymer and composites laboratory with a focus on production acceptance testing and product development.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Shall have knowledge of SolidWorks
- Working knowledge of FEA Software Packages (ABAQUS preferred).
- Shall be proficient in MS Office.
- Excellent knowledge and application of:
- Statistical design methods
- Material and process engineering
- Thermoset and thermoplastic polymers
- Composite materials
- Failure modes (FMEA) and failure analysis
- Works independently to complete individual tasks assigned by a team.
- Effective organizational and communication skills.
- Effective communication in English, both orally and written.
- Ability to work demanding hours, as necessary, to meet project deadlines.
- Exercises initiative or, as directed, performs additional duties to meet the needs of the organization with good judgement.
Education, Certifications and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree from an ABET accredited university in an ABET accredited engineering or equivalent program as a minimum.
- Preferably Mechanical or Materials Engineering Degree
- Experienced professional (10 years minimum) of related new product design with a focus on materials and process engineering. An emphasis on polymer materials and composites is preferred.
- Masters’ or PhD degree preferred from a recognized engineering program.
- Must be United States citizen, lawful permanent resident or otherwise eligible to work in the United States