Hexagon Purus is a global leader in zero emission mobility solutions for light, medium and heavy-duty vehicles.
We are a growing global team of over 500 employees, with R&D and production operations in Canada, the USA and China. Hexagon Purus is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
Being in the heart of energy transformation, we lead with purpose, and our goal setting is aligned with our people and our shared mission to drive the transition to zero-emission mobility.
Join us on our innovative journey and work toward a clean energy future!
Hexagon Purus Systems USA Ltd., a new division of the Hexagon Composites company, is focused on designing and manufacturing systems, software, and zero emission e-Mobility vehicle integration for commercial Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV) and Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles (FCEV). Hexagon Composites is a global company operating in 40 countries with over 60,000 commercial vehicles in operation.
Hexagon Purus Systems USA Ltd. is a business division focused on vehicle integration, battery pack, module, and sub-assembly manufacturing. We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to work out of our new Dallas, TX, USA facility.
It will be expected that this position shall drive World Class Manufacturing (WCM) throughout the organization. This will mean designing manufacturing processes and production line layouts to support required takt times. The Manufacturing Engineering Manager will lead a team of manufacturing engineers dedicated to value streams to support development of the production lines. This team would be responsible for process design and value stream mapping, standardized work, specifying capital equipment, designing jigs, fixtures, and testing equipment. Other expectations will be to develop a change culture (PDCA), data collection and statistical analysis to ensure process consistency, lead Kaizens and other Lean activities. This position will report into the Director, Operations of the Dallas, TX facility.
· Lead team of manufacturing/Industrial, and automation engineers
· Design and optimize floor plan and production workflow
· Build value stream maps to define product, material, and information flow
· Lead development of standard combination tables and standardized work/SOPs
· Define and monitor upper/lower control limits to determine process capability
· Create/maintain work stations, manufacturing operations, and resource groups within ERP software
· Conduct time studies and target improvements that will make the most impact to production quality, time, and cost
· Ensure production has adequate documentation and procedures
· Develop assembly tools, jigs, and fixtures
· Apply knowledge of electrical/mechanical engineering to drive containment and corrective action implementation into production
· Conduct PFMEAs
· Work with production manager, contractors, utilities, and component suppliers to ensure compatibility and timely installation of production and test equipment
· Implement, monitor, and track value stream KPI’s
Education and Experience
· Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Industrial engineering or related field
· 5+ years of relative experience leading manufacturing or Industrial engineering team in an assembly line environment (automotive preferred)
Skills and Qualifications
· Lean six sigma black-belt
· Prior experience with low and high voltage systems, their associated risks and best practices is an asset
· Automotive experience an asset
· Exceptional attention to detail, analytical skills and problem solving
· 3D CAD experience
· Visio and MS office Suite experience
· Proficient with PDCA (plan, do, check, act) problem solving methodology.
· Knowledge of System CIP (continuous improvement process)
· Selection and analysis of statistical methods (SPC, ANOVA, hypothesis testing, etc.) is required.
· Development and analysis of Design of Experiments (DOE) is preferred.
· Design and analysis of Gage Repeatability& Reproducibility (Gage R&R) studies is preferred.
· Experience leading and managing large teams
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment with a strong sense of urgency.
· Ability to communicate effectively using the English language, both written and verbal
· Able and willing to travel
· Professional organization involvement is desired, such as American Society for Quality (ASQ), Association for Manufacturing Excellence (AME), Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME), Association. for Operations Management (APICS), Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE), or other similar
· Ability to handle multiple jobs and adapt to a rapidly changing work environment with fluctuating priorities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock or flammable mixtures.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.