Hexagon Purus is a global leader in zero emission mobility solutions for light, medium and heavy-duty vehicles.
We are a growing global team of over 500 employees, with R&D and production operations in Canada, the USA and China. Hexagon Purus is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
Being in the heart of energy transformation, we lead with purpose, and our goal setting is aligned with our people and our shared mission to drive the transition to zero-emission mobility.
Join us on our innovative journey and work toward a clean energy future!
Hexagon Purus Systems USA Ltd., a new division of the Hexagon Composites company, is focused on designing and manufacturing systems, software, and zero emission e-Mobility vehicle integration for commercial Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV) and Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles (FCEV). Hexagon Composites is a global company operating in 40 countries with over 60,000 commercial vehicles in operation.
Hexagon Purus Systems USA Ltd., a business division focused on vehicle integration, battery pack, module, and sub-assembly manufacturing, is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to work out of our new Dallas, TX, USA facility.
It will be expected that this position shall support the deployment of World Class Manufacturing (WCM) throughout the organization. This will mean designing manufacturing processes and production line layouts to support required takt times. The Manufacturing Engineer will be part of a team dedicated to value streams that support development of the production lines. The manufacturing engineering team would be responsible for process design and value stream mapping, standardized work, specifying capital equipment, designing jigs, fixtures, and testing equipment. Other expectations will be to endorse a change culture (PDCA), lead data collection and statistical analysis to ensure process consistency, lead Kaizens and other Lean activities. This position will report into the Manufacturing Engineering Manager at the Dallas, TX facility.
· Design and optimize floor plan and production workflow
· Build/define deployment maps and value stream designs/maps
· Lead development of standard combination tables and standardized work
· Define and monitor upper/lower control limits for process capability
· Design work stations, manufacturing operations, and implement within ERP software
· Conduct time studies and target improvements that will make the most impact to production quality, time, and cost
· Ensure production has adequate documentation and procedures
· Develop assembly tools, jigs, fixtures, and capital equipment
· Apply knowledge of electrical/mechanical engineering to drive containment and corrective action implementation into production
· Conduct PFMEAs
· Work with production manager, contractors, utilities, and component suppliers to ensure compatibility and timely installation of production and test equipment to support production line deployment
· Implement and report value stream KPI’s
· Design and develop vehicle and sub-system functional test devices
Education and Experience
· Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering or related field
· 2 – 4 years of relative work experience
Skills and Qualifications
· Lean six sigma black-belt
· Knowledge of controls logic and electrical systems
· Prior experience with low and high voltage systems, their associated risks and best practices is an asset
· Automotive experience an asset
· Exceptional attention to detail, analytical skills and problem solving
· Prior experience with failure analysis and the 8D Process asset
· Strong project management skills
· Ability to handle multiple jobs and adapt to a rapidly changing work environment with fluctuating priorities.
· 3D CAD experience
· Visio and MS office Suite experience
· Proficient with PDCA (plan, do, check, act) problem solving methodology.
· Knowledge of System CIP (continuous improvement process)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock or flammable mixtures.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to reach, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Specific smell ability is required; recognize the smell of various fuels.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Hexagon Purus Systems USA Ltd. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and ensures that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.