It will be expected that this position shall perform preventative and un-planned maintenance on all assembly line equipment related to electrical systems. The Maintenance Electrician will be part of a team of maintenance technicians to ensure equipment and facilities remain operational to support production volume demands. This team would also be responsible for deploying the maintenance program within Hexagon Purus’ ERP software. This position will report into the Maintenance Manager of the Kelowna, BC facility.
- Maintain Hexagon Purus’ battery production equipment to eliminate un-planned downtime
- Design and repair high-voltage and low-voltage electrical systems and equipment related to Hexagon Purus’ battery production lines and major facilities equipment
- Support development and deployment of maintenance program within ERP system
- Diagnose and troubleshoot electrical equipment for production lines to understand root-cause and eliminate or reduce down-time
- Utilize ERP system to perform work following standard operating procedures, report-out on work orders, and report-out KPI’s related to equipment downtime
- Read and understand equipment operations manuals, mechanical drawings, and blue prints
- Willing to participate in mentoring and coaching individuals within an apprenticeship program
- Develop documentation to standardize maintenance procedures on production line and facilities equipment
- Train personnel on maintenance procedures
- Support and drive continuous improvement and 5S culture within maintenance team
- Work with manufacturing engineering team to resolve issues and make improvements related to software and controls
Education and Experience
- Journeyman Industrial Electrician. Red Seal endorsement in Electrical is also an asset.
- 3+ years as Journeyman working in a manufacturing environment, experience with automated equipment is an asset.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience in a Manufacturing environment at a Journeyman level -Interprovincial Red Seal Certification preferred.
- Experience working with automated machinery an asset.
- Strong preventative maintenance and troubleshooting abilities.
- Demonstrated experience in diagnosing and repairing electrical machinery and equipment issues with a practical and hands on approach.
- Working knowledge of AC and DC drive systems
- Knowledge of PLC software (i.e., Allen Bradley, Beckhoff, PILZ PLC’s), PLC, VFD, HMI, Servo troubleshooting, and programming
- Familiar with Kuka robots – Troubleshooting, programming, and mechanical repairs
- Experienced and comfortable isolation and verifying AC voltages up to 600V and controls voltage of 24V.
- Excellent computer literacy including MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Read and understand mechanical drawings and blueprints.
- Ability to maintain professional working relationships with coworkers.
- Available for working shifts, overtime, and emergency calls.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock or flammable mixtures.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to reach, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Specific smell ability is required; recognize the smell of various fuels.