This person will work within the Operations Team to set up and operate a variety of manually controlled machines to produce precision parts and instruments. Will fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures. Ensure products meet precise specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Accurately read and interpret engineering drawings, sketches, and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, set procedures, control settings and machining methods and sequences.
- Uses precision tools, machinery and equipment such as lathe, vertical milling machine, drill press, hydraulic press, chop saw, band saw, and a variety of cutting tools and equipment.
- Fabricates and shapes parts such as tools and machine parts out of metal, plastics and composites.
- CNC programming using CAD/CAM software and CNC machining of complex components
- Properly and safely selects, aligns, secures and removes holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials onto machines.
- Recognizes, deploys and properly uses inserts, fixtures and tooling.
- Creates and designs simple fixtures, including machining and clamping fixtures.
- Performs daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on machinery and equipment
- Evaluate experimental procedures and recommend change or modifications for efficiency and adaptability to setup and production.
- Ability to track parts and jobs.
- Utilizes and abides by ISO requirements and safety procedures.
- Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions.
- Uses gages and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements.
- Performs all tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
- Move equipment and material as necessary.
- Maintain accurate records, logs, data sheets, inventory and other documentation required by the Operations Department or Quality Control.
- Maintain a work area in neat, orderly, and organized manner.
· Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
· Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job
No supervisor responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to perform basic mathematical computations and to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
· Knowledge of estimating time and materials for machine jobs, machine tool capabilities, machinability of materials, and shop math
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels both internal and external to the organization.
- Excellent organizational / time management skills – ability to maintain priorities and multi-task in a fast-paced working environment.
- Ability to analyze technical data and make appropriate recommendations as needed.
- Ability to use independent judgment within established guidelines and written directions.
- Self-motivated and organized individual with exemplary attention to details
- Ability to interpret instructions which may be furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Work in a safe professional manner, keeping a clean work area and wearing proper protective equipment
Education, Certifications and Qualifications:
· High school diploma or GED
· Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment
· Journeyman certification preferred
- Timely arrival and regular attendance at work
- Willing to work overtime as needed to meet project deadlines
· Must be able to effectively communicate in written and spoken English.
· Ability to work demanding hours, as necessary, to meet project deadlines.
· Must exercise initiative or, as directed, perform additional duties to meet the needs of the organization.
· Ability to lift and carry up to 60 lbs. on a regular basis, up to 120 lbs. on an occasional basis [team lift available].
· Ability to sit, stand, bend, climb or walk for up to 8 hours or more per day
· Must be United States citizen, lawful permanent resident or otherwise eligible to work in the United States
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time at a computer and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is moderately required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
This position may work in the plant and outdoors in the field, therefore subject to all weather conditions sometimes to include extreme cold and heat. The work described while working in the plant or field will require wearing all PPE depending on circumstance which may include: safety glasses, hard hat, ear protection, leather gloves, safety vest and steel toed footwear.
Job Type: Full-time
Hexagon Purus ASA
Terms and Conditions