Hexagon Purus Systems Canada Ltd. is currently seeking an Electric Vehicle Assembly Technician to work out of our Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada office. If you are looking to work for an organization that values sustainability and is working towards Clean Air Everywhere, then we are the place for you.
As an Assembly Technician you will assemble mechanical and electrical components, operate machinery and conduct electrical testing. You'll learn how to take on an active role in our continuous improvement environment. An Assembly Technician will constantly work to exceed our quality standards and production deadlines. This position will be part of a dynamic team working environment that relies on critical thinking and problem solving. We have a brand-new, state-of-the-art vehicle assembly facility and offer many benefits to our workers.
Assembly Technician wages start at $23CAD/hr and increase based upon experience and skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble components and parts by following production guidelines and specifications.
- Finalize and package products for shipment.
- Participate in problem solving and improvement activities
- Maintain a clean and organized workstation.
- Follow health and safety standards.
- Report any issues to the supervisor on duty.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Education, Certifications & Qualifications:
- Electrical or mechanical experience is an asset
- Completion of Grade 12
- Technical training, forklift or first aid level 2 certification is an asset but not required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Mechanical or electrical aptitude
- Able to multitask and prioritize
- Able to perform manual tasks requiring dexterity and coordination
- Work well under minimal supervision
- Good written and verbal English
Physical Demand & Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is moderately required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
This position may work in the plant and outdoors in the field, therefore subject to all weather conditions sometimes to include extreme cold and heat. The work described while working in the plant or field will require wearing all PPE depending on circumstance which may include safety glasses, hard hat, ear protection, leather gloves, safety vest and steel toed boots.