This person will manage a team of interdisciplinary engineers to conceive, design, develop, qualify, and test new composite products. Composite Products typically consist of filament-wound Type III & Type IV pressure vessels, tubular products, and other composite structures. The successful candidate will lead all aspects of this team through the entire project life cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop capabilities of both the team and the employees with a culture of continuous improvement. Provide access to necessary resources and training materials.
- Manage employee performance through regular informal communication and formalized monthly meetings. Provide focused guidance and direction.
- Foster an environment of teamwork.
- Manage departmental budgets and resource allocations. Provide engineering support to other areas of the business as required.
- Institute and maintain procedures for Project Management. This includes managing project budgets, schedules, risks, and opportunities. Ensure conformance of systems to relevant requirements (internal, customer, regulatory, etc…).
- Institute and maintain procedures for configuration control of engineering drawings and documentation.
- Establish and maintain systems and procedures for regular project design reviews. Provide technical feedback and guidance on system design.
- Provide status updates to senior leadership at the site and corporate level.
- Manage a wide-ranging portfolio of composite products with an emphasis on Type III and Type IV pressure vessels, tubulars, and composite structures.
- Implement a culture of data driven decisions utilizing Design for Six Sigma principles.
- Assist with business development activities including preparing estimates, supporting technical reviews, and providing quotations as required.
Yes-a team of 1 CAD Designer, 1 Software Engineer, 1 Electrical Engineer and 7 Project Engineers Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to delegate resources and experience to meet challenging schedules.
- ERP based environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels both internal and external to the organization.
- Excellent organizational / time management skills – ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced working environment.
- Strong ability to understand mechanical systems and industrial processes.
- Ability to analyze technical data and make appropriate recommendations as needed.
- Ability to use independent judgment within established guidelines and written directions.
- Proficient in MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Proficient in MS Project or similar scheduling software.
- Proficient in concepts and fundamentals of Finite Element Analysis. Experience with ABAQUS preferred.
- Strong composites design and fabrication background with an emphasis on filament winding.Six Sigma, Lean, and/or Kaizen experience is a plus.
Education, Certifications and Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree from an ABET accredited university in an engineering discipline. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Previous managerial experience is preferred.
- Must be United States citizen, lawful permanent resident or otherwise eligible to work in the United States.
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time at a computer and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is moderately required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
This position may work in the plant and outdoors in the field, therefore subject to all weather conditions sometimes to include extreme cold and heat. The work described while working in the plant or field will require wearing all PPE depending on circumstance which may include: safety glasses, hard hat, ear protection, leather gloves, safety vest and steel toed footwear.
Hexagon Purus ASA
Terms and Conditions